Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer thus far.






So far a great
summer! I stepped down at work, taking a pay cut, to have nights and weekends with my family. So far its been a great decision. Although I have to stop myself from online purchases and other cutesy things for Jocelyn. And weekends have been filling up faster then I ever imagined.







My first weekend we went to the zoo. This is Jocelyn's third time there. But our first time going as a family. Once again she was mem
orized by the fish in the reptile house and the spider monkeys.


The following weekend was fathers day, we spent it in Lake Geneva at my in-laws house. My parents came over as well as my sister. And of course the Hunkins clan, with my cute niece! Guys golfed and the girls hung out, entertaining Jocelyn - or was it the other way around?

I finally brought Jocelyn down to Illinois to meet the family friends. My family isn't that big so my parents' friends have been almost like family to me. Jocelyn was the guest of honor and the life of the party, that was when she was awake! That little girl sure likes to sleep! I got this action pic of Jocelyn with her Auntie Blair. . .

We had to bring Jocelyn back to the doctor for a weight check. At the beginning of the month she was 11.1 lbs. and in the 9th percentile. Now she weighs a whopping 13 lbs. and in the 25th percentile! Girl likes to eat and consequently likes to spit-up. I decided that 8 oz. is too much in one sitting and we are trying a 4 oz. bottle or cereal every hour and a half and it seems to be working. Anyways daycare girls are happier that they get puked on less. Everyone wins!

So, now here we are on the weekend of the 4th already! Three day weekend! We are traveling to Muskegon, Michigan. Normally we take the Lake Express ferry across Lake Michigan, but since we are trying to conserve money we decide to drive. This SHOULD take about five or five and a half hours, and we know it will take longer because we are traveling with an infant . . . under normal conditions it takes about 2 hours from Milwaukee to Chicago this being a holiday weekend it took a little over 3 hours to get to Chicago. Luckily I know people, so we took a small pit stop by Lauren's house.

Nearly 8 hours later we arrive at the parents condo in Michigan. My grandfather from Maryland drove 13 hours to join us for the weekend. Jocelyn gets to meet her great Pop-pop and we take a four generation picture. And I am reminded of the remaining baby weight.

The weather couldn't have been nicer! I wonder why it always seems nicer on that side of the lake? We went to the beach. Jocelyn seemed to like her first beach visit. We did not go into the water, it was delightfully rough. I did get these cute photos. . .

Over all a nice trip. Jocelyn really found her voice and laughed a lot. She also likes music, my sister's boyfriend, Zaid, had her in a little guitar trance and she banged on the piano.

I am not sure that we will drive there again in August. It took 10 hours to get home. Jocelyn was a trouper. We hit construction traffic in Michigan, normal traffic in Indiana, stopped to feed the baby and ourselves. Then continued with heavy but moving traffic in Chicago, was rear-ended on the south side - baby was sleeping then screaming. But we are all ok. It was just stressful and added at least an hour of travel time. Stopped at my sister's on Chicago's north side to feed the baby and chill after accident, and finally made it home smooth sailing to Waukesha. *Sigh* Can I really use this to justify the $500.00 ferry ride? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment